Wednesday 27 July 2011

Time Flys

I was all excited about starting my blog I thought I would post at least once a week. I like to think I have some pretty good reasons why I haven't. Two weekends away and organising a retreat for 80 members of North of the Yarra Quilters in 9 days time. Yeah!I think I'll give myself a break.

Queenscliff
At the end of June I had a fabulous weekend away with Christina and her quilting group a wonderful bunch of ladies I laughed myself silly all weekend. The venue was an old guest house built in the late 1930's. There were 30 of us and most of us had a room each. The house is just amazing. I could just imagine it in it's glory days, apparently it catered to the elite who travelled over by ferry. I could just see the guests sitting in cane chairs on the veranda's, playing tennis and dancing in the ballroom downstairs.Sigh!

Day dreams aside I was there to sew, eat and be merry with my friends Diane, Julie and Kim. My project for the weekend was "Leaves" by Jan Mullen I've been sewing it on and off for years. I still didn't finish it.
I was a busy girl though. On Saturday I taught a class (I still can't believe it, me teaching!). I had made a lap bag and called it the"Twisted Dilli Bag"I have also written a pattern (amazing!).  So a group of the girls had a go at making it, some made two. They all said the class was a great success, I got a real buzz from the comments.

Saturday night we all dressed up in 1920 outfits and drank Pimms. It was good fun.
We spent a lot of the weekend in our PJ's. I even cooked Sunday lunch in them. The four of us took our turn and made a tasty soup and yummy apple dessert. But boy! Cooking for 30 was a big job, we were exhausted.

I didn't get any photo's of the sewing projects the girls were working on. I am going to have to get more savvy with the camera. Anyway here's some photo's I did take on the weekend.

The Front of the Guest House (you now enter from the back)

The view from my window


Looking towards the main street in the 1920's
this was lawn and the main entry




Twisted Dilli Bag





















The Swedish Flappers

The Shep Feather Set

Christina's Cover Girl models

Julie and Diane Gangster ----------

Bron passing out the Pimms


Denise drinking on the job tsk tsk


The Good Time girls





The Grand Dames







Kim and Julie out of dress ups into PJ's

Until next time

Yours in Stitches
Margaret Louise


1 comment:

Christine M said...

Hi Margaret. Looks like you all had a great time. Love all the dress ups. I'm looking forward to our retreat. Only eight more sleeps!!! You girls do such a fantastic job with all our surprises over the weekend. Hugs, Christine xx