Monday 23 May 2011

Felting Day

Spent a lovely day yesterday felting with my niece.I showed her how to nano felt and wet felting.
In the photo you can see her nano felting I am so proud of her.The way the colours were combined was really clever and the scarf looks wonderful.

I started nano felting, I was being creative making circles, but the pink felt was different and kept lifting. So I pulled them off the silk scarf laid out a few layers off ruby felt placed the circles on top some more ruby felt
around the edges and I ended up with a cute short scarf that my sister loves (thank goodness).



After making our scarfs my niece showed me how to needle felt. Using a book she received as a gift, I was guided through the art of bunny making. 

Carefully watching my fingers from the barbed needle I poked and poked little felt bits until something that looked like a bunny appeared. 


My niece made the traditional grey bunny and mine is the out there orange bunny.
It was a great day I always love spending time with my niece.

No comments: